Phlogopite Natural Mica
When applications call for very high temperature resistance, Phlogopite natural mica, commonly referred to as “Amber”, is an excellent choice. Able to withstand temperatures up to and beyond 1200°F. Can be sold in its raw or 'block' form and we can also offer fabrication to customers print or drawings.
Please contact our sales team to discuss your technical needs, pricing and any questions you might have.
Block and sheet mica are often used in electronics and electrical systems. They are used as insulators in electronic and thermal equipment, dielectrics in capacitors, decorative panels in lamps and windows, insulation in electric motors and generator armatures, field coil insulation, and magnet and commutator core insulation.
More About Phlogopite Mica Block
- Thermal Conductivity: 16 x 10-4 Cal/Cm2/Sec/Cm/°C
- Dielectric Strength - volts/mil: 2,500 to 4,000
- Dielectric Constant: 5 to 6
- Maximum Temperature of use: 850°C
- Specific Heat: 0.207 cal/gram °C
- Shore Hardness: 75 to 100
- Specific Gravity: 2.6 to 3.2
- Water of Constitution: 3%
- Water of Constitution, driven off at, °C: 950
- Chemical Composition: H2KMg3AI(SiO4)3
- Punching Quality: Excellent