Muscovite Mica Block
Block and sheet mica are often used in electronics and electrical systems. They are used as insulators in electronic and thermal equipment, gauge glass, windows in stove and kerosene heaters, dielectrics in capacitors, decorative panels in lamps and windows, insulation in electric motors and generator armatures, field coil insulation, and magnet and commutator core insulation.
Muscovite mica block derives its name from its usage of "Muscovy" glass as glass panes many years ago. The primary source of Muscovite mica today is India. Natural mica in raw (also called Block) form is classified by how many square inches of usable area can be obtain per piece. Colors can range from a pale ruby to light green. Color depends on which area it's mined and will vary from lot to lot.
Block Pricing Specs
- Grade 1 block will yield a usable area of 24 to 36 square inches. Price at $85.00 per pound.
- Grade 2 block will yield a usable area of 15 to 24 square inches. Price at $60.00 per pound.
- Grade 3 block will yield a usable area of 10 to 15 square inches. Price at $50.00 per pound.
- Grade 4 block will yield a usable area of 6 to 10 square inches. Price at $40.00/pound.
- Grade 5 block will yield a usable area of 3 to 6 square inches. Price at $35.00/pound.
Can be used as electrical insulation to fabricate parts and as shields for arc welding. Additionally, there are numerous uses for arts, crafts and decorative applications.
Please contact our sales team to discuss your technical needs, pricing and any questions you might have.
Typical industry uses include:
- Aviation / Aerospace / Defense
- Power generation and distribution