Custom Fabricated Mica Parts
When you need reliable and custom fabricated mica parts, Asheville-Schoonmaker Mica is here to help. Our industry-leading fabrication capabilities consistently produce quality products on time and within budget. From prototypes to large-scale production runs, our highly trained team can meet your needs, offering complete fabrication services of finished parts to customer specs.
Our technicians are trained in a range of manufacturing processes and have a firm understanding of mica, its properties, and how it should be treated. Every process has a standard operating procedure with robust critical safety protocols. Quality control checks occur throughout the manufacturing process to ensure the client obtains fabricated mica components that meet their specifications or requirements.
- Mica plate can be die punched up to 1/16" thick and machined to specification beyond 1/16". This material can be cut to a fabricated part with CNC, laser and waterjet. And we have thicknesses up to 4”.
- Silicone bonded mica plate is an excellent choice for heating element cards, washers, terminal insulation, heat barriers and waveguide covers.
Fabricated Natural Mica
Natural mica fabricated parts are also available in both Muscovite and Phlogopite. Used as insulation in electronics, terminal insulation, stove windows, transistor and diode shields. Very high quality Muscovite mica is used for AFM studies. We can provide finished parts to print or the raw material known as mica block. Natural mica will range in color from a pale ruby to light green depending on the origin within India. Natural mica can be split with a sharp blade or point into the edge and carefully popping the layer off. Muscovite mica can withstand temperatures of 1000°F and Phlogopite 1400°F. We follow ASTM D-351 and Federal Specification HHI-536 for natural Muscovite mica.
Please contact our sales team to discuss your technical needs, pricing and any questions you might have.
Typical Industry Uses Include:
- Wind powered
- Oil and Gas production and support machinery
- Elect. / hybrid Vehicles
- Industrial motors
- Farm and Heavy machinery
- Power generation and distribution
- Household Appliances
- Metal casting
- Aviation / Aerospace / Defense
- Heater Manufacturers